Dried Chinese mushrooms which are available from Chinese supermarkets are best for this soup as they~ have a strong, distinctive flavour. If dried are unobtainable use sliced fresh mushrooms instead.
- 1.15 L [2 pt] chicken stock
- 50 g [2 oz] dried sliced Chinese mushrooms. or 4 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 125 g [5 oz] cooked chicken breast
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of watercress to garnish
chicken-mushroom-soup.jpg" align="left" alt="Tasty chicken and mushroom soup" title="Tasty chicken and mushroom soup"> 1. Reconstitute the dried mushrooms by soaking in hot water for 20 minutes or until swollen.
2. Skin the chicken breast and cut into slivers.
3. Bring the stock to the boil. Add the drained mushrooms and chicken.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste and garnish with watercress.
Variations- For a luxurious version of chicken and mushroom soup, add 60ml [4 tablespoons] of dry sherry just before serving.
- Instead of chicken meat use turkey or pork. Just before the end of cooking, add a few slices of cucumber.
Types of Stock
Tasty chicken and mushroom soup
Hot and Sour soup
*** Star recipes ***
Step-by-Step cooking guide on SuperCooking.Net copyright © 2006-2010 by Quid United Ltd.
About all question please contact: supercooking @ quidunited.co.uk