Use pheasant, partridge, pigeon or any other game carcass to accompany game dishes. If bones weigh less than the amount specified here, just reduce the amount of water you use.
MAKES ABOUT 850 ml [1½ pt]
- 700 g [1½ lb] game carcasses
- 1 small onion, cut into quarters
- 1 carrot, cut into quarters
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- parsley spring
- bouquet garni
4 black peppercorns
1 L [2 pt] second brown stock
1. Break up carcasses, put into a large pan arid just cover with cold water. Leave for 1 hour. Add vegetables.
2. Bring slowly to the boil and remove scum with a slotted spoon.
3. Add herbs, pepper, salt and stock and bring back to the boil.
4. Reduce heat, half cover the pan and simmer very gently for 2 hours or until all flesh has separated from the bones.
5. Strain, de-grease, strain again, reduce and adjust seasoning to taste.
Types of Stock
Tasty chicken and mushroom soup
Hot and Sour soup
*** Star recipes ***
Step-by-Step cooking guide on SuperCooking.Net copyright © 2006-2010 by Quid United Ltd.
About all question please contact: supercooking @ quidunited.co.uk