Because this soup is Chinese in origin many of the ingredients are rather exotic. If you are unable to obtain bamboo shoots; use a small can of drained asparagus tips instead. Ordinary open mushrooms can. be used instead of the dried Chinese kind and sunflower oil can be substituted for sesame oil.
- 850 ml [1½ pt] beef stock
- 50 g [2 oz] dried sliced Chinese mushrooms or 4 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 30 ml [1 tablespoon] soy sauce
- 2.5 ml [½ teaspoon] chili sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g [40z] rump steak
- 100g [40z] canned bamboo shoots
- 4 spring onions
- 30 ml [1 tablespoon] dry sherry
Types of Stock
Tasty chicken and mushroom soup
Hot and Sour soup
*** Star recipes ***
Step-by-Step cooking guide on SuperCooking.Net copyright © 2006-2010 by Quid United Ltd.
About all question please contact: supercooking @ quidunited.co.uk