It is essential to stir while adding the egg or it will set in a solid lump rather than being dispersed in fine threads (or rags, to give the literal Italian translation). Serve immediately or the egg will overcook and become rubbery in texture. SERVES 4-6
- 1.15 L [2 pt] chicken stock
- 30 ml [2 tablespoons] grated Parmesan cheese
1. Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the cheese and beat (stir vigorously) with a fork until well blended.
2. Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat.
3. As soon as the stock reaches boiling point, add the egg and cheese, pouring in a thin stream and stirring the stock vigorously to break the egg into strands.
4. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Types of Stock
Tasty chicken and mushroom soup
Hot and Sour soup
*** Star recipes ***
Step-by-Step cooking guide on SuperCooking.Net copyright © 2006-2010 by Quid United Ltd.
About all question please contact: supercooking @ quidunited.co.uk